Thursday 5 July 2007

I got Surged!

Lost my pc to a violent storm, it was close to drawing a pension anyway, so splurged out on a new lappy or is it a notebook, whats the difference?

Decided to go wireless as it means i can write somewhere quiet instead of having to sit in the family room at the desk while the girls have the TV on and I can sit in the garden in the sunshine, although there hasn;t been much of that lately...

My typing is abysmal on here, so used to a full-sized keyboard, so sorry about that...

Not much today as I am finding this hard work :-) I am sure I will get used to it soon.

Made friends with half india , phoning the belkin call centre, missed the net so much I was up half the night figuring it out. Honestly spoke to at least a dozen of them with no luck until I chanced upon a cheery young guy calling himself 'Stuart'. So thanks 'Stuart' for your help. Why do the companies feel the need to anglicise their workers' names, I would find it a bit insulting, or do they joke about it amongst themselves? Do they get to pick their own names or just get a random one assigned.

Strange business altogether.

Its good to be back xxx

Stuart was happy Iwas happy, he put me onto his supervisor so I could tell him too. I was glad to do that, hope he gets promoted, cheers Stuart :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jackie! i left u a message on your last post, not sure if u saw it or not what w/all the hubub! are u still painting? you must come see what i've been working on! hope alls well with u!

Jackie said...

hello Jan

still catching up, had over 700 emails just on one screen name, haven't even looked at the others yet...

Have posted to say i have had problems with my internet connection. Seems to be ok now, fingers crossed. apparently my wireless button switches itself off and i have to manually put it on whenever i sign in, such a simple thing but caused me a real headache. i like the wireless button as it looks like an angel :D

will try and do some painting now that i seem to have this going. I also need to put my photo software on here.

I will pop over and see what you have been up to. I did see a lovely abstract sort of picture just before the storm that killed my pc. I was lucky though, a lot of people in the north of the country have had to be evacuated and are likely not to return home for up to a year.

Glad you have escaped the hot classroom, have a wonderful break and I will see you at your place :D

Best wishes, Jan, I have missed everyone so much.

Love jackie xxx

Nan said...

I envy your laptop! When I spent the week with my son, he has a laptop in the kitchen and it was so nice to be on the internet and not miss any of the family action. Told hubby I wanted one!!! Since our desktop computer is not in the best shape (it crashed awhile back and we can't put latest Windows on it, etc, etc.....)I just might have one waiting under the Christmas tree. Managed to get an iPod for my birthday........

Jackie said...

Hello Nan!

That would be a lovely present from Santa. Now i am getting used to the keyboard and navigating around using the pad, i must say I wouldn't go back. Its cool to be able to sit anywhere isn't it!

My youngest borrowed it for most of yesterday, she flew back from Spain yesterday morning and was sitting in her bed watching 'Lost' on dvd. Think Santa might bring one here too...

She went off again this morning, 200 young people who left school this year are converging on Newquay in Cornwall, 50 from my daughter's school alone. Bit nerve wracking for me, her first time on holiday without supervision.

Hint long and loud about the laptop Nan, it can't hurt :D

Hope you are well and happy

Best wishes, jackie xxx