Sunday 3 June 2007

aaagggh

Youngest daughter has just come home and I showed her a picture of the 'Pirate Queen' bag and she is not sure if her sister will like it. Not sure now whether to show eldest the picture, I wanted it to be a surprise, but not a bad one...

Youngest started sorting her room out and asked me to e-bay some items for her. So many clothes and I found myself turning into my mother and saying 'why did you buy it and never wear it'. When I thought about it we all did the same at 16 didn't we. We also couldn't be seen dead in something that we had last year, so I do understand really. There is a lovely leather jacket and a pair of Levi Jeans that should sell, thats just the tip of the iceberg. We are going to Italy together next month so it might raise some Euros for ice-creams. Hope I can find a yarn shop while I am there, although we are going to the remote south, right near the tip of Italy, mountanous region and I am not looking forward to the transfer to the hotel as its cliff roads for quite a lot of the way. I am not good with heights :D

It took me months to save the money to go and I had a fit of conscience, wondering if I should spend it on some much needed home-improvements. I will probably regret it in the winter when we are shivering in four inches of luke-warm bath water instead of getting a new shower put in like a sensible person would.

Did some more knitting this afternoon and noticed a couple of wrong stitches a way back, the pattern is a wide rib with moss stitch between am deciding whether to just let it be or go back.

Had a lovely message from a lady who is a member of the online watercolour study group I belong to. I think I am going to like blogging!

Its my dad's 70th birthday in a couple of weeks and I was thinking of trying to paint something for him. Bit wary as he tends to be a bit rude about things I make, so it will probably be socks and a shirt AGAIN. What do you get the man who has everything and doesn't drink or smoke? He doesn't like knitted items and thinks my creations are 'crap', his words. Hmmn. Maybe I should make him the pirate queen's booty bag instead, just to see his face, priceless. He wants to do the meal thing with all the family. It never goes very well but we keep on doing it. Isn't that the definition of insanity - see, I can blame it on genetics :D

Joined the dishcloth a month group, can't wait for my cotton to arrive. Its not something we do much of here, making dishcloths, so I could only get an ecru colour. I might try dying them though. Wonder if Kool Aid works on cotton, have a few sachets left so will give it a try. I don't like cotton yarn much as it tends to grate on the needles and makes me shudder :D

Saw an interesting site today about how to make your own knitting needles, looks such fun I have GOT to give that a go. So many crafts, so little time.

Agreed to buy a rug-weaving book from a member of the weavers group I belong to. Its out of print and supposed to be very good. I will get round to weaving a rug for my fireplace. I will get round to it. I will. Must wash the fleeces while the weather is good, no way am I going to have fleece dripping in the kitchen like last winter. I was making felt and almost got hypothermia.

All is quiet now, youngest has an exam tomorrow and is trying to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. She gets so stressed she can't sleep, have given her herbal remedies and lavender for her bath and clean sheets dried in the sun, so hopefully she may get to sleep ok.

Thats it from me for tonight. Have lots of mail to catch up on and then maybe some more knitting.

See you tomorrow?

No comments: