Monday 18 June 2007

Paying it Forward...

There are some things I won't share with you dear Blogger, but I had my share of troubles and some small (and not so small) acts of kindness have brought happiness to me in some bleak times. Some of the kindness has come from virtual strangers, or virtual friends, whichever way you want to look at it.

I like the idea of RAOK (random acts of kindness) A flower given to a stranger, a cup of tea bought for someone who looks as though they need it, a mail to say 'how are you, thinking of you' they don't have to be big things to make a real impact on someone's day, life even.

I had the chance to pay it forward today and that is a good feeling too.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to carry out a RAOK. Make someone's day. (I was dying to write 'punk' after that a la Clint Eastwood, but that would have spoiled the whole thing, don't you think?)

2 comments:

colin said...

don't stop bloging jacki, you are a great bloger if that's the right term
colin
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jackie said...

Who said I was going to stop. Its all lies...

Thank you Colin.

Its good to have a following. I feel kind of wanted and special and all.

If only it were pay per view, I would have made at least four shillings and sixpence last week.

Hope you and Jim are well.

Jackie xxxxxxxxxx