Sunday 10 June 2007

Towne Pastiche WIP


Well, this is what I have been up to today. Its my 'homework' from the watercolour landscape group I belong to.
Believe it or not that took me two and a half hours to get this far. Long way to go yet too.
Hope you like it. Landscapes sure are tricksy.
I just broke my Buddha. The girls bought him for me a couple of years ago for my birthday. He can be glued. As I picked up the pieces I thought of the buddhist philosophy of non-attachment but it didn't help. I am sad, I like him and the girls bought him for me. Oh well, I have superglue and some Gold Finger (isnt that a wonderful name) so he will be good as new and they will be none the wiser. Its not as if they ever move anything to dust ;-)
Not going to do any more to this at the moment. I have been concentrating so hard I have brain-fog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

r u buddhist? i'm not, but i have enjoyed studying it for years! thich nhat hanh is my hero!

Jackie said...

I am afraid I 'cherry-pick' Jan, I am interested in Buddhism and Paganism and all sorts of things. I just go with the best bits of all of them. They often have a lot in common.

I see you have 'what the Beep' listed on your blog. An interesting film. I watched it with my girls and we had a really interesting discussion after. We were going to conduct a 'shroedingers cat' experiment on my youngest but she wasn't having any of it!

J x

Judy's Watercolors said...

Great job on your Towne pastiche. I haven't started on mine yet.

Jackie said...

Hello Judy

Good to see you and thanks. This is take two and its maddenly frustrating! Those *&^(!! clouds :D

Is it lack of time or are you just not inspired to start?

I confess I didn't like the painting much when I first saw it but its sort of growing on me. I think trying to do it myself has given me more admiration for the skill it took.

J x