Saturday 2 June 2007

On my needles....

On my needles at the moment is a chunky cardigan, from Rowan book 24. Its an old book. I got the book and yarn from Freecycle. Poor lady had bought 23 skeins of rowan and the book to knit a blanket in moss stitch (masochist?) and had got fed up with it 3/4 of the way through. Frogged it and there is enough yarn to make two long chunky cardigans. Result really but I felt sorry for her, as I frogged it I thought of all the hours and hours it had taken to get that far.

Just got up to armhole shaping level on the back. I find the weight hard going, can sometimes get it balanced just right and its a lot easier on my wrists and hands.

Trying to work up to going to the shop. Its taken me two days. Agrophobia? I only need some tobacco. If I gave up smoking I would only need to go out for coffee and milk, both of which I have plenty of at the moment. Due to have councelling soon. Have new meds so we shall see how those pan out. Internet is my lifeline, but sometimes wonder if I would be forced to go out more if I didn't have it. No more online friends, conversation or shopping, whatever would I do.

This is another displacement activity I think. I have promised myself that I will go when I have finished this coffee.... have to walk the dogs later too, but I don't find that so difficult.

Just joined a couple of online knitting groups today. I want to knit the Pirate Queen's Booty bag for my eldest. She will be leaving home soon to work, travel and start uni next year. The online groups I have joined are for when I get stuck, as this project involves a few things that are new to me I shall be yelling for help fairly soon I think. Ordered the Cascade yarn. Tried to get some made in UK but it worked out so much more expensive. As our US friends say 'Go figure....' :D I am knitting it in Black and silver as she is not really a pink sort of girl. Its a great pattern and available for free, so go have a peek. Site is called 'talk like a pirate', google it. Shout if you get stuck, with the finding not the knitting - at least not until I have done it myself!

Have started spindle spinning too (in a very small way) I belong to an online weaver's, spinners and dyers group and noticed (to my shame) that they had put my picture of my first few inches of hand spun on the front page. I wouldn't mind but it is draped over the back of my ancient pink, fluffy dressing gown, hung over the end of the stairs. Note to self: try to make photos glamourous and interesting as you never know who will see them :D

Right. Now it is time to go............. after I have read my new e-mails :D

No comments: