Wednesday 27 June 2007

Back...

Hi and thanks to those who sent messages or posted.

You haven't missed much. Most interesting things that have happened are my 'ring ring' phone has arrived. The most surprising thing about it is the weight of it, I had forgotten how heavy those old phones are. Phoned myself a few times from my mobile to hear it 'ring ring', I expect the novelty will wear off.

Other piece of news is that I have found a 'new' spinning wheel. Its old but never been assembled, so that's going to be a challenge. I am collecting it from a lady who is meeting me in Guildford on Friday, have to lurk about a certain bench at a certain time. Imagination getting the better of me and imagining if I went to the wrong bench and got tangled up in an international smuggling thingy. Yikes, better look in the box before I set off for home. I did ask how I would recognise her, as I said it I realised it was a stupid question, unless there is more than one person going to turn up with spinning wheels for an assignation, then it could get tricky. Oh, its an Ashford traveller for those who would like to know...

Off to the V&A tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Its my birthday and I am going with my youngest. She is dying to see the fashion, I want to see the textiles and we both like the oriental stuff. Lots more there and I am sure I shall have something to tell you about it on Friday. Not looking forward to the journey, its only about 2 hours door to door but I wonder how I ever managed to do it day in and day out when I worked there.

Just fighting my way through the washing up. Didn't do it yesterday so its my own fault.

Nothing else to report so will sign off.

Oh, just one more thing - happy birthday to Scotland, we share the same birthday, isn't that great! (think he is older than me though :D ) Have a great day Scot xxxx

PS. Nan, thanks for posting, its good to see you x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay-you're back & happy b-day! don't throw back too many pints or you'll be all apples & pears falling downstairs!

Jackie said...

Hi Jan

Thank you. We had a great day, sore feet now from walking around the museum.

We had afternoon tea, no beer for us, so we are safe on the apples and pears :D

Hope all is well with you.

Need to catch up, so will be over to visit your blog tomorrow. We are just settling down with a take-away. No cooking for me tonight!

Love Jackie xxx

scotland said...

Hey Lady, Old...Older...Oldest.......
51%...I could use just a whif of one o'those pints,to get me up out of bed and spinnin'an whirlin'from sun come moon.
I'll have to give you a ring some day...Thanks for the greetings. SPH
(My sis made it, she's all on about some show up the westend, getting the kids school uniforms,and her phone working as well.)
Happy Birthday sweet Jackie....