Wednesday 6 June 2007

Getting Fit!

Have taken delivery of an excercise bike this morning - another Freecycle 'find'. Putting on a few extra pounds with the new meds I am on and am determined to lose them. I did buy a real bike a couple of years ago but was too scared to ride it on the roads. There is so much traffic, my vision of tootling down the country lanes here was not to be. More likely get brained by a wing-mirror or shoved into a ditch by a lorry slipstream. Not likely to be very fit after that! So, its out in the garden, on the patio waiting for me. Jumped on and gave it a bit of a pedal - got out of breath and got off for a smoke. Don't think thats a great idea but there you are.

Also bid on a yoga video on e-bay. I used to love yoga, adore it, but the classes were so expensive that I can't go since I stopped working. Interestingly Yoga is meant to be a solitary activity - at least thats the way it was practiced in India, so I am going to start doing it again at home. Video is at 89p at the moment, nail biting stuff, will my bid of £1 be enough, oh the excitement :D

Well, my plan to get on with things this morning hasn't gone too well as yet. There is always this afternoon...

Hope you are having a good day, whoever and wherever you may be x

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Funnily enough I found a yoga video in Sainburys on Saturday for 1.99. Its a double sided one, upper body on one and lower body on the other so I had a go the other night, and got a bit cross after the warm up when Howard Napper said get your yoga belt...Yoga Belt! Ithought yoga was just something you could do without any expensive equipment, I've never heard of a Yoga belt! Thanks for the compliments about the yarn, but it's my spindle...it practically spins itself!

Jackie said...

Wish my spindle did! I must be doing something wrong because after about a foot my hand is killing me - do you give lessons :D

I have to go see if I won the aution. Fell asleep in the armchair, so much for getting fit.

I haven't heard of a yoga belt but bet you could make one. I will google it and see what I come up with...

Don't get one tape mangled, you could end up with one half like a Goddess and the other half like, well, me :D

What spindle do you have. I bought one from a Mr Mike? Williams. Beautiful but I think maybe a little light with hindsight. I will photograph the little cutie and post a picture, she is very beautiful.

J x